Class Teachers: Ustadha Halimah & Ustadha Noha Teaching Assistant: Ustadha Shazia
Welcome to Year 4!
We are very excited to be teaching year 4 this year! We have planned lots of fun learning for this year.
We do our literacy, science, history, geography, D&T and art learning through our current topic. For Maths we follow our Big Maths & Activelearn scheme and fit our learning around the children's needs.
Year 4's P.E is on Tuesday, so please ensure that your child has their P.E kit on these days.
To keep up to date with current information about our learning and class please visit this webpage regularly (at least once a week!).
About year 4's homework: Year 4 is given various types of homework to consolidate their learning in school. We would really appreciate your help and cooperation in this.
- Weekly- Children get weekly Quran memorisation, reading, spelling and maths homework. Arabic homework will be given as and when needed.
- Half termly- Children will get a range of homework choices to choose from as per the instructions to be completed by them over the term. The children can choose when to do their choices but do remind them every now and then, so they don't cram it into the last weekend😂. We have also recently introduced the CMPS multiplication challenge where children are to practise their times tables with a parent or guardian to receive a bronze. They will then be tested in school to receive either a Silver or a GOLD.
- Holidays- Children will get a piece of homework to do over the holidays to prepare them for the next topic.
If you have any concerns or would like to discuss your child's learning further you can ring the school and make an appointment with us.
Click on the icons below to take you to the website you need for your child's homework (these are updated regularly so please make sure you check this weekly):
We will be going to the Egypt Centre in Swansea
Ensure you learn the Arabic nasheed above.SPRING TERM
SPRING TERM II
Homework Choice Board
- Think of a problem in the world that needs solving. For example, being too lazy to exercise. Why does it need solving? What problems will the world/person suffer from if this problem is not solved?
- Think of an invention to cure it/solve the problem. Use your imagination! For example the problem of being too lazy to exercise. You could invent a machine that you strap yourself into and it exercises for you. You punch in which parts of your body you want to exercise and it focuses on them. To make it enjoyable it even has different backgrounds so you can relax e.g. park, field.
- Be imaginative. Make a comic strip or storyboard showing the problems the world would face without the invention – it could be funny!
- Draw a picture of the invention and label it. Write a detailed explanation text on how it works.
- You could price the parts. How much would you sell it for if you wanted to make a profit?
- Include an A4 advert that might attract them to buy your idea. Remember to make it colourful and interesting!