Teachers: Ustadha Naeela (Mon-Tues) and Ustadha Sonya (Wed-Fri)
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatahu,
Here you can find the latest information on the exciting topics we are learning about, homework, trips, PE days, special visitors and much more.
PE for Year 6 takes place on Thursdays.
Please ensure your child wears their PE uniform and black trainers on this day.
We will notify you of any trips very soon.
Our topic for Autumn 1 is WONDERFUL WALES
In this topic we will learn about:
- Myths and Legends from Wales
- Famous authors and poetry from Wales
- Make a Welsh recipe
- Art and science work with daffodils
- Learn about the beautiful landscape of Wales, Welsh symbols, sports and famous people from Wales
- Basic vocabulary and sentences in the Welsh language.
The Topic Page:
About year 6's homework: Year 6 are given various types of homework to consolidate their learning in school. We would really appreciate your help and cooperation in this.
- Weekly- Children get weekly Qur'an memorisation, reading, spelling and maths homework. Arabic homework will be given as and when needed.
- Half termly- Children will be given a homework grid every half term, which corresponds with activities and tasks to do related to their current topic. The children can choose when to do their taska but do remind them every now and then, so they don't rush it during the last weekend.
- Holidays- Children will get a piece of homework to do over the holidays to prepare them for the next topic.
Homework Choice Board:
Abacus website: https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk/start
Coding games for kids: https://www.stem.org.uk/news-and-views/opinions/five-top-games-make-coding-easier
Coding game, SCRATCH: https://scratch.mit.edu/