Work For Us
We are currently looking for a teacher in our Foundation Phase, specifically for the Year 2 class. Please feel free to forward your C.V. if you feel you have the relevant experience and qualifications. We look forward to hearing from you.
Year 2 Class Teacher
At Cardiff Muslim Primary School, we strive to give our children a balanced education that provides them with the skills and confidence to flourish into strong Muslim individuals that will benefit our community and wider society. We provide children with an environment in which they can develop their Islamic principles alongside their academic performance.
We are looking to appoint an experienced Foundation Phase class teacher with a proven track record and genuine passion for teaching to enable our children to make rapid progress.
The successful candidate should:
- - Have a PGCE or equivalent qualification.
- - Be able to support and contribute to the Islamic Ethos of the school
- - Have the ability to develop pupils’ well-being and Islamic personality, using clear routines and rules for behaviour in the classroom and throughout the school.
- - Have high expectations of behaviour, using the framework for discipline with a range of strategies, using praise, sanctions and rewards consistently and fairly.
Learning and Teaching:
- - Be an inspirational, dedicated and highly effective teacher. Working as part of a team to achieve the very best for our children.
- - Through effective planning use various teaching methods to build on pupils’ capabilities and prior knowledge.
- - Reflect systematically on the effectiveness of lessons and approaches to teaching.
- - Be responsible for pupils’ attainment, progress and outcomes.
- - Demonstrate an understanding of, and take responsibility for, promoting high standards of literacy and numeracy.
- - Demonstrate a critical understanding of developments in the subject and curriculum areas.
- - Know when and how to differentiate appropriately, using approaches which enable pupils’ to be taught effectively.
Personal and Professional Conduct:
- - To behave in a manner outlined in the Teachers’ Standards.
- - To promote the school and celebrate its success at every opportunity.
- - Have a strong commitment to their own learning and continuing professional development.
A truly exciting opportunity to work in a school that is moving forward at a rapid pace, with enthusiastic children who are friendly and eager to learn. Are you an innovative and creative classroom practitioner with a passion to ensure that all children achieve their potential?
If you have the above qualities then please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02920 342040 for further information.
Cardiff Muslim Primary school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments are subject to a satisfactory interview, reference(s) and enhanced disclosure from the criminal record bureau.
Salary is £15,000 per annum.