Teachers: Ustadha Sonya (Monday-Thursday) & Ustadha Naeela (Friday)
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatahu,
WELCOME TO YEAR 6!!!
Here you can find the latest information on the exciting topics we are learning about, homework, trips, PE days, special visitors and much more.
As a whole school we have been focusing on well-being and helping children to settle back into school comfortably and happily.
PE for Year 6 takes place on TUESDAYS.
Please ensure your child wears their PE uniform and black trainers on this day.
Subject to time frame
Our topic for Summer 1 is Digital Minds. They will be learning the following:
- Read and write a range of different texts:instructions, persuasion, reports and biographies
- Create an advert for a new product.
- Learn about the power of digital devices and how they have evolved.
- History of technology
- Analyse data
- Design and create a futuristic gadget
About year 6's homework: Year 6 are given various types of homework to consolidate their learning in school. We would really appreciate your help and cooperation in supporting your child with their homework. Homework will be set ONLINE and in their HOMEWORK BOOKS.
- Weekly- Children get weekly Qur'an memorisation, reading, spelling and maths homework. Arabic homework will be given as and when needed.
- Half termly- Children will be given a homework grid every half term, which corresponds with activities and tasks to do related to their current topic. The children can choose when to do their tasks but do remind them every now and then, so they don't rush it during the last weekend.
- Holidays- Children will get a piece of homework to do over the holidays to prepare them for the next topic.
Homework Choice Board: