Teachers: Ustadha Sonya (Monday-Thursday) & Ustadha Naeela (Friday)
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatahu,
WELCOME TO YEAR 6!!!
Here you can find the latest information on the exciting topics we are learning about, homework, trips, PE days, special visitors and much more.
As a whole school we have been focusing on well-being and helping children to settle back into school comfortably and happily.
PE for Year 6 takes place on TUESDAYS.
Please ensure your child wears their PE uniform and black trainers on this day.
This term we will be making a trip to the Cardiff Museum and potentially the 'Showcaves' depending on Covid-19 restrictions and travel arrangements.
Our topic for Autumn 2 is Heroes and Villains
- children will learn about heroes and villains from different periods of history,
- What their motives, beliefs and how they they changed the world.
- At the heart of this project children write persuasively in the form of reports and letters, and learn additional skills in writing their own speech.
- They will learn about the prophets speech and content
- Present day Heroes and Villains
About year 6's homework: Year 6 are given various types of homework to consolidate their learning in school. We would really appreciate your help and cooperation in supporting your child with their homework. Homework will be set ONLINE and in their HOMEWORK BOOKS.
- Weekly- Children get weekly Qur'an memorisation, reading, spelling and maths homework. Arabic homework will be given as and when needed.
- Half termly- Children will be given a homework grid every half term, which corresponds with activities and tasks to do related to their current topic. The children can choose when to do their tasks but do remind them every now and then, so they don't rush it during the last weekend.
- Holidays- Children will get a piece of homework to do over the holidays to prepare them for the next topic.
Homework Choice Board: