Teacher : Ustadh Aziz
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi barakatuh!
Welcome to the Year 5 webpage!
We are committed to the safety and well-being of all our children! We hope to deliver an enjoyable experience in year 5; one they will remember for years to come!
Please do visit this page often to keep in touch with your child's learning. Here you can find the latest information on the exciting topics we are learning about, homework, trips, PE days, special visitors and much more.
Physical Education (PE)
PE for Year 5 takes place on Mondays.
Please ensure your child wears suitable clothing for PE consiting of joggers and trainers on this day.
Our topic for Summer 1 is 'The World of Media'
In this topic we will be learning about the following...
Our topic for Summer Term 1 is The World of Media. They will be learning the following:
- Learn how to write a newspaper article
- Analyse and study local and recent news events.
- Learn about the history of Media.
- Role of Social Media
Year 5 are given various types of homework to consolidate their learning in school. We would really appreciate your help and cooperation in this.
- Weekly- Children get weekly Qur'an memorisation, reading, spelling and maths homework. Arabic homework will be given as and when needed.
- Half termly- Children will be given a homework grid every half term (Ssee below), which corresponds with activities and tasks to do related to their current topic. The children can choose when to do their tasks but do remind them every now and then, so they don't rush it during the last weekend.
- Holidays- Children will get a piece of homework to do over the holidays to prepare them for the next topic.
HOMEWORK CHOICE BOARD
Information about school trips will be published in due course.
LINK TO WEBSITES TO HELP WITH LEARNING
We thank you for your continuous support!